Tenant Referencing for Landlords
Easy, affordable and thorough referencing to help you choose the right tenants for your property.
Tenant referencing is essential and although it can’t ever predict the future, looking closely at the past can give you the reassurance you need when letting your property. We’re good at poking in corners and sniffing out trouble – you’ll want us on your side. Our referencing service is advanced, thorough and excellent value. There are 6 different options to suit your potential tenants and you can manage and track progress online, wherever, whenever. You can even upgrade a favourable Initial reference to our Complete service – that’s simple, common sense!
Complete Plus could save you a fortune.
It’s just common sense.
We can’t predict the future, but we can all plan for uncertainty, and our Complete Plus deal is a very smart plan indeed. For a little extra, the Complete Plus provides 12 months’ cover for legal expenses, including eviction notices, regaining possession of the property, court and bailiff fees.
We will even throw in the Complete Reference and an extra 6-months’ cover for FREE!
- Credit history (powered by Experian)
- Bankruptcy search
- Anti-fraud checks
- 9 undisclosed address checks
As Initial, but including:
- Employer’s or accountant’s references
- Multi-level employment verification
- True affordability and income checks
- Previous landlord’s/agent’s references
- Financial reviews
If you can’t wait or won’t wait, then opt for our super-quick, 4-hour service. Don’t worry, we’ll still check everything!
If you’re letting to a company, we’ll check out all the latest information including:
- County court judgements, writs and mortgage charges
- Up to 5 years of accounts
- Credit limits and ratings
- Parent companies
- Payment History
- Company Directors and Secretary
- Company ID
Given enough information we can carry out a company check in any of the below countries. The information on the country varies depending on what records the country holds.
- Czech Republic
Right to Rent Checks
We have outlined some key features of the new Right to Rent checks. It outlines who is responsible for the checks, lists acceptable documentation, and explains what follow up action you may need to take. *
The liability for the checks is with the actual landlord of the property.
The only time this will change is if the letting agent and landlord enter in to an agreement that the agent will accept responsibility for carrying out the checks.
The requirements differ for potential tenants from EEA countries (EU member states plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and Switzerland, and for those from outside these countries.
Tenants within the EEA or Switzerland: One of the following:
- British /EEA passport (current or expired)
- Valid biometric immigration document
- Certificate of naturalisation as a British citizen.
Two of the following:
- Birth certificate
- Letter dated within the last three months from an employer
- Letter from UK educational institution
- Full or provisional driving licence (with counterpart).
Tenants from other countries
The following documentation must be endorsed to indicate that the named person may stay in the UK for a time-limited period:
- Valid passport/travel document
- Biometric immigration document
- Residence card
- Immigration status document issued by the home office
- A ‘yes’ response from the Landlords Checking Service.
These checks need to be followed up either, a) 12 months from the date of the previous check or b) before the expiry of the person’s right to live in the UK.
* within every reference check (apart from Initial) we incorporate Right to Rent checks.
Need help? Email email@example.com or call 03335779050
"I would recommend your services to anybody, my tenant paid the arrears of £3,000 in full within 14 days of me contacting LegalforLandlords. I can't tell you how delighted I am with such a fast result."Hisham Egdall, Private Landlord, South London
Ways to pay
We are happy to accept payment by either debit or credit card. Although we accept cards issued by most major banks, including Visa and Mastercard, we are not currently able to accept payment via American Express.