A simple way to protect your deposit against claims for accidental damage
Better Safe Than Sorry
Insurance, when you’re a tenant, can be a bit confusing. It’s up you to cover your possessions, but it’s up to your landlord to insure his/or her property and the building. So far, that’s easy to understand. But if you damage – even accidentally – your landlord’s property, furniture, or fixtures and fittings, your landlord can make a claim on you for the costs to repair or replace. This could be covered by your deposit, but if your deposit isn’t enough, you could end up out of pocket. And when you move from one property to another, either another rental or a purchase, there are always lots of expenses and getting your deposit back really helps.
Our Tenant’s Liability Insurance is designed to protect you, and your precious deposit from claims for accidental damage. A simple, inexpensive policy covers you for 12 months and allows you to relax in the place you call home.
Our Tenant’s Liability Insurance covers you for up to £5000 of accidental damage claims.
up to £5,000 of accidental damage claims£89.00 - one off payment for a 12 month policy
Please note that the prices shown include Insurance Premium Tax at the current rate, as set by HMRC.
A short summary can be found here - Full Terms and Conditions can be found here.
Policy documents will be sent within 48 hours, excluding weekends and bank holidays. LegalforLandlords shall not be liable for any erroneous payments or for payments paid into the wrong account. You should retain evidence of your online transaction as we may request a copy of the payment confirmation before issuing any documents
Should you require a larger sum insured please contact us directly on 0344 567 4001 so we can provide a bespoke quotation.
- Neither I nor any member of my family residing with me have suffered any loss or liability in the last 5 years, nor had any insurance proposal declined, re-newal refused, cover terminated or special terms imposed, nor been convicted or received official caution (or charge not yet tried) for any criminal offence (other than motoring offences) nor been declared bankrupt
- The dwelling is my permanent residence and is not used for business purposes
- The dwelling is not in an area where flooding has occurred in the last 5 years
- The dwelling is built of brick stone or concrete and is roofed with slate or tiles (outbuildings excepted), and is in a good state of repair and will so be maintained
- The dwelling is not listed and is free from signs of damage by subsidence heave or landslip with no cracks in external walls and no history if subsidence, nor do neighbouring properties
- I accept the company's standard form of policy for this type of insurance and confirm my previous insurer may be contacted to verify any information provided
- I have not withheld any material fact which might influence the acceptance or assessment of my proposal for insurance
Please get in touch
If you cannot accept the declarations, please contact us on 0344 567 4001.
Thank you for your purchase, you will receive an email shortly confirming your order.
You will receive the documents within the next 7 days.
If you have any questions in the meantime, please contact us on 0344 567 4001.